Wednesday 10 October 2012

'vocabulary profiling' "CTE319" "data driven learning".


These tools showed me the frequency of the use of words in the texts and which words are common in English. These tools can help me to find different forms of words in the sentences and find out the mistakes in sentence structure.
I think that BNL and BNC Vocabulary Profiler and Test Document Readability are the ones of the best tools because I can list the common words in English and know which words are the key ones and also one of these tools helps me to correct my mistakes in sentences.
However, although these tools can be beneficial at many points, there are, in my opinion, some drawbacks of them. The fist is that in order to use text with these tools, we need some background knowledge about the texts that we are going to use with these tools. Second drawback is that in order to use these tools, there should be a class in which there is computer or other electronic tools like projection. However, we can't find these facilities almost anywhere easily, so this sometimes makes the use of these beneficial tools impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment